Can you believe it? The Red Arrow Diner in Manchester is 100 years old! We are thrilled to celebrate the rich legacy of the diner that started in the Queen City in 1922. Through the decades, the Red Arrow Diner has proven a reliable provider of delicious, homecooked comfort food and award-winning, nationally-recognized pies (thank you, Food Network Magazine!).The Red Arrow Diner strives to be a welcoming friend to all who visit, including the famous guests and politicians who never miss a chance to connect with our patrons.
The Red Arrow Diner’s owners Carol Lawrence, George Lawrence and Amanda Wihby thank you for your continued support throughout our 100 years in operation. We were thrilled to see our anniversary plans come to life this year, and the response we received from the community was better than we could have ever imagined. Thank you to all who joined us at the 100 Years Celebration Event in October, followed along with our decade-by-decade history and shared your personal memories at the beloved Red Arrow Diner. We couldn’t have done it without *YOU*!
Were you able to join us at Red Arrow Diner’s 100 Years Celebration on October 15, 2022?
Thank you to WMUR-TV and New Hampshire Union Leader for sharing the news about the Red Arrow Diner 100 Years Celebration. Check out the online coverage from WMUR-TV and NH Union Leader or click the publication name for a printable PDF: WMUR-TV, NH Union Leader
This block-party style event on Lowell Street in Manchester was such a success. The three current Co-Owners of Red Arrow Diner, Carol Lawrence, George Lawrence, and Amanda Wihby loved catching up with the families of past owners, David Lamontagne and Levi Letendre.
We would also like to thank our local politicians and celebrities for joining us during this momentous occasion, including Mayor Joyce Craig, General Don Bolduc, US Congressman Chris Pappas, Alderman Kevin Cavanaugh, Alderman Pat Long, Alderman Christine Fajardo, and Alderman Anthony Sapienza. For many years, Red Arrow Diner has welcomed politicians of all parties as a national icon for the New Hampshire primary. Thank you for joining us for this special day!
Last but not least, thank you to the members of our amazing community who came to this event and supported Red Arrow Diner over the past year as we celebrated 100 years since David Lamontagne opened Red Arrow in 1922.
Check out some great pictures from the Red Arrow Diner 100 Years Celebration on Facebook, and don’t forget to tag yourself in the Moe pictures from the event!
- Media Coverage
- Diner Dish of the Decade
- Remembering 100 Years
- 100 Businesses
- Red Arrow Diner Social Media
- 10/23/22: My Red Arrow Diner surprise (Nashua Telegraph subscription required)
- 10/20/22: 100 years of diner eats (Hippo Press)
- 10/17/22: Red Arrow Diner celebrates 100th anniversary (Manchester Ink Link)
- 10/15/22: At Red Arrow centennial, regulars reflect on long-standing diner’s place in many lives (NH Union Leader subscription required)
- 10/15/22: Red Arrow Diner in Manchester celebrates 100th anniversary (WMUR-TV)
- 10/12/22: NH Chronicle: 100 Years of The Red Arrow Diner (WMUR-TV)
- 10/11/22: The Buzz Online (Business NH Magazine)
- 10/7/22: From Cadillacs to carrot cakes – NH Business Review (nhbr.com)
- 9/29/22: Celebrating the Diner — The Hippo — 09/29/22 by The Hippo – Issuu (Hippo Press)
- 9/25/22: Red Arrow 100th Anniversary Celebration Oct. 15th (NH Union Leader subscription required)
- 9/24/22: Community Invited to Red Arrow Diner’s 100th Anniversary Celebration on Oct. 15 (Nashua Telegraph subscription required)
- 9/23/22: About Town – Red Arrow Diner’s Century Club Award (NH Business Review)
- 9/22/22: Red Arrow Inviting Community to October Centennial Celebration (Manchester Ink Link)
- 9/13/22: Red Arrow Diner Honored by Manchester Historic Association with Century Club Award (Manchester Ink Link)
- 8/28/22: 100 years of bacon, beans and burgers: Red Arrow celebrates a century (New Hampshire Union Leader subscription required) or click here for a printable pdf
- 7/19/22: How to Get Adam Sandler to NH’s Red Arrow Diner for Their 100th Birthday Party (WOKQ)
- 7/14/22: Red Arrow Diner Continues 100-year Celebration (Derry News)
- 5/31/22: The Origin of Red Arrow Diner’s Name (Manchester Ink Link)
- 2/28/22: Red Arrow Diner Celebrates 100 Years in Business (NHLRA’s The Dish)
- 2/22/22: Red Arrow Diner Celebrates 100 Years in Business (Manchester Ink Link)
- 1/23/22: Carol Lawrence was recently featured on the Restaurant Unstoppable podcast! Click here to listen to her journey as Red Arrow Diner owner since the mid-1980s and learn more about the brand and its history
Remembering 100 Years
- 2020s: Catch up on what we’ve been up to lately! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 2020s Facebook Album.
- 2010s: We’re getting close to the present! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 2010s Facebook Album.
- 2000s: Introducing traditions still around to this day! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 2000s Facebook Album.
- 1990s: Groundbreaking updates during the early years! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1990s Facebook album.
- 1980s: Carol Lawrence purchases her first restaurant! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1980s Facebook album.
- 1970s: Red Arrow is under new ownership! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1970s Facebook album.
- 1960s: It’s time to shake it up! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1960s Facebook album.
- 1950s: No slowing down! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1950s Facebook album.
- 1940s: Find out what happens next! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1940s Facebook album.
- 1930s: The journey continues! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1930s Facebook album.
- 1920s: This is where it all began! Click here to check out our Remembering 100 Years: The 1920s Facebook album.
Red Arrow Diner Social Media
- Manchester Diner Facebook: @RedArrowDiner
- Londonderry Diner Facebook: @RedArrowLondonderry
- Concord Diner Facebook: @RedArrowConcord
- Nashua Diner Facebook: @RedArrowNashua
- Red Arrow Diner Instagram: @RedArrow24Diner
- Red Arrow Diner Twitter: @RedArrow24Diner
- Red Arrow Diner LinkedIn: Red Arrow Diner
Diner Dish of the Decade
Thank you for celebrating 100 years with Red Arrow Diner! The Diner Dish of the Decade promotion is now closed. What was your favorite special this year?
- 2000s: During the month of October, purchase a Moe-Latta or Frappe for just $5.99.
- 1990s: During the month of September, add a free side of Poutine with the purchase of a Chicken Ranch Roll-Up.
- 1980s: During the month of August, add a scoop of ice cream to your Diet Coke for FREE.
- 1970s: During the month of July, purchase a slice of carrot cake for just $2.50! Minimum purchase of $8.00 required.
- 1960s: During the month of June, add one FREE topping to your Belgian waffles at Red Arrow Diner.
- 1950s: During the month of May, add an extra side to your Tuna Melt for FREE at Red Arrow Diner.
- 1940s: During the month of April, receive $2.00 off the Meatloaf Dinner at Red Arrow Diner.
- 1930s: During the month of March, add one topping from our Macaroni and Cheese Bar for FREE! This Red Arrow Diner promotion excludes Steak Tips.
- 1920s: During the month of February, you can order Spaghetti and Meatballs at Red Arrow for just $6.99!
In honor of our 100th anniversary, Red Arrow Diner would like to celebrate other local New Hampshire businesses who are working hard to support our local communities. Before the end of 2022, we are committed to promote *ONE HUNDRED* locally-owned New Hampshire businesses to the Manchester Red Arrow Facebook page, which has over 30,000+ followers!
Any business from any industry can be nominated! All that we ask is that the business is locally owned in New Hampshire. To nominate a business for one of our features, please tag their Facebook page or link to their website on the current voting post on our Manchester Facebook page.
Click here to see which businesses we’ve featured so far in the Red Arrow Diner Celebrating 100 Local Businesses Facebook album or learn more about our features by clicking an icon below!